Compost PowderAdd to My List
450 gram / $0.02 per gram
This product is so popular, it just sold out.
We'll notify you when it’s back in stock.
Hey composters, you are worth more than spraying your home with air freshener three times a day. This unscented composting powder is a lifesaver. With a natural, non-toxic formula of earth minerals, locally-sourced untreated Douglas Fir wood waste, and organic essential oils, this stuff saves the day. It's time to reclaim your kitchen from smelly smells.
The pouch can be recycled through TerraCycle by following our special instructions.
These are general guidelines for broadly-recyclable materials. Check with your local recycler to confirm what they take.
Hive Five™ Certified
No need to guess what's in your food or how it was made. Our experts vet every product for ingredient integrity, responsible sourcing, and great taste using our own criteria called the Hive Five.
low carbon footprint
How it does good
What that wood do?
The more successful you get, the more haters you get. The same goes for composting. Over the last decade, composting has gone mainstream, and so have claims that say it’s too smelly, gross, wet, and time-consuming. BinBreeze is quieting those complaints and excuses with their natural composting powder made from wood waste. It neutralizes unpleasant odor and leaves composting bins smelling lovely, soaks up moisture, and lets you empty bins less often. By addressing common concerns with a sustainable, pesticide-free, and compostable product, BinBreeze makes it easier to do your part for the planet.
BinBreeze sources clean wood waste from suppliers that don’t want to have to burn it for disposal, thereby diverting carbon from ending up in the atmosphere.Learn More
low carbon footprint
For every kilogram of wood waste that BinBreeze upcycles, 70% will be sequestered back into the soil and the remaining 30% will be released as carbon dioxide from the natural decomposition process. Otherwise, the compost bin would go anaerobic, creating even more harmful methane instead.Learn More
supporting key causes
BinBreeze donates Make Earth Green Again (MEGA) hats to climate strike oranganizers in Victoria.Learn More
More Like This
About the Brand
BinBreeze makes it easy to recycle food waste with their odor- and fruit fly-eliminating composting powder. Founded by entrepreneur Taylor McCarten, and chemist and science-driven entrepreneur Harmen Zijlstra, BinBreeze is changing the way you compost with innovation and commitment to sustainability.
The first product of Build A Better Earth, a startup dedicated to cultivating products that help make a better planet for future generations, BinBreeze is made with a natural, non-toxic formula of wood waste and minerals that helps your soil retain nutrients while getting rid of pests.Shop Brand
*How to use
Sprinkle 1-2 tablespoons at the base of your indoor compost bin. After adding fresh food waste, add an additional tablespoon on top. For best results, repeat consistently to create layers of food waste and BinBreeze. For wetter waste material, add more.
What People Are Saying
Works for flies, not smells
I bought this because we'd had to toss a previous compost box due to attracting fruit flies. It seems to work on that front, but the second piece of what it claims to do "neutralizing smells" doesn't work at all. If anything, our previously unsmelly compost became a smelly mess after adding this. It's hard to tell what was a result of the product and what was just a feature of this particular batch of compost, but bottom line: if you have a real issue with fruit flies, this might be a huge help, but don't expect it to work miracles.
This is a great product for the kitchen composted! We use it in the small indoor container as well as in our large outdoor composter! Exactly as advertised! I bought six at once because it is sometimes out of stock!